Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Selma


I was able to go to my first reenactment of the year at Selma, AL. This is my favorite one, for many reasons, but especially for the ball. It is held in an old civil war era house with gardens and a huge lawn where they hold the ball! Absolutely gorgeous!



I was able to be one of the women in the battle scenario. They build a little shack out in the field and as the Yankees approached and fired on some nearby confederate soldiers, the women ran from their home. Ben said I was the only one he could really hear screaming from across the field. So my big mouth came in handy! LOL


The city of Selma is such a neat place with so many old houses. I also love all the spanish moss hanging from the trees. Here is some pics of the graveyard near the battlefield! It was so neat but almost eerie.

Jerrel always seems to have fun at the reenactments.
This time he went and found some boys who camped near by to play with. He is really starting to grow up and will soon be out there with his dad!


Here is our good friends Richard and Anna. Richard is also our captain!

1 comment:

Leonard and Krista said...

This is probably my favorite event as well. I love your panoramic pic of Sturdivant Hall.
Krista