Monday, May 11, 2009

Strawberries!


Here is the trunk of our car!! A sure sign of spring. Ben's uncle has a farm and due to unfortunate circumstances for him (too much rain), we were able to get all the strawberries we wanted. (Well almost)
Now my freezer is full of strawberries. I also attempted to make jam. I haven't made jam since I was little with my mom and was a little nervous. However I just followed the recipes in the pectin and ta-da, delicious jam. I made freezer jam, some sugar-free to give as gifts. I also made some regular jam and canned it. It all turned out well and tastes delicious. And now my shelf looks so pretty with all the jam jars on it!!

2 comments:

Lisa Messner said...

I am so impressed Beth. I haven't made strawberry jam for many years, but I used to do it every year when we lived in Ohio. Jeff's uncle raised them and gave us all we wanted. It is Jeff's absolute favorite jam!!

Anonymous said...

sure looks good