Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving

All crozy around the fire..actually it was a pretty warm day...actually the door was open! LOL


Patrick found his own play place

My Mom and Dad finding all the good stuff

Our Bountiful Spread

The Host and one of the wonderful cooks, Mom F

Nana (Ben's Grandma) Mom and Aimee

My whole family was able to come to my house for Thanksgiving, including Steve in Cincinnati! We had a great time! Steve arrived on Wednesday evening and of course we stayed up way to late talking and being silly. I had to work Thursday morning (which I would rather work that later) and when I arrived home around 11:30 the rest of the family had just pulled in. After bouncing on our trampoline (well the boys did that lol) and showing them around outside and showing them all the animals I took them inside and showed them the inside. We then hurried and got ready to go to my mother-in-laws for dinner.
She had around 30 or so for thanksgiving and it was a blast! We had the fire going, plenty and plenty of food, plenty of fun and games ( well it wasn't fun being the loser of the loser in Rook but oh well!) and fun just enjoying all the company. We are so blessed.
The best part was when we read what we were thankful for. We had a basket with cards that we wrote what we were thankful for on earlier in the day. Later they were passed out so you were reading someone else's. It was so neat hearing what everyone wrote. Then we sang some beautiful hymns and praise songs. It really made you think about thanks-giving.
We arrived home and went to bed way to late....again. Steve and I got up at 4 am the next morning to do the annual shop! It was great! I love watching the people about as much as I love the shopping. We got a few deals and then came back home and everyone was still asleep so we went back as well.
Later on we went to the new Bass Pro shop that just opened. It was busy but very interesting to look around in!
Saturday the family headed back to SC but Steve was still there so it wasn't as sad. We then watched Auburn get whooped ( a sad day but at least the Gators beat Alabama LOL). To help us feel better we indulged in some Sonic ice cream and went and saw a movie. lol. We had a great night.
Steve left Sunday afternoon. I was so glad to have such a good time with my family. I was really glad they all got to come. It makes it so much nicer that they are so much closer now. Now Steve you just have to move closer! I really miss you a lot!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving as well.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. We had a good Thanksgiving as well. All of my siblings and myself (and husband and boys :) ) were able to go to my parents. We had a lot of fun being together!