Thursday, September 4, 2008

babbling

I am glad to be sitting at home, finally after running almost all week, and working some 10 hour days.
New news! (or old news that is new to you)
My chicks have hatched! 29 out of 35 hatched. They are almost a week old now. All of them are black with some white except 3 are yellow. I hatched them from our own eggs we get from our chickens. It is so fun to have a part in seeing new life, even just chicks. I hope to keep a few and sell the rest. (anyone want to buy some chicken?)
Drago, our newest puppy is doing pretty good. He had to have surgry on his hip after getting hit by a car. He really wants to play now that he is feeling better but we have to keep him a little longer for it to heal.
My family is moving!!! Their truck is half packed and they'll be leaving tomorrow to head part of the way down to SC. It is happy and sad for them and for me too. I'm glad they are going to be closer but sad because it is not the same. I lived at that place since i was 7. Also there is not a big reason to go back up there now so I won't see it for a long time. I guess I'm too sentimental sometimes. I do worry how much longer my grandparents will be around. Hopefully I'll get to see them again.
I hope to go help my parents move in next week. Probably going to go down monday and come back wednesday or thursday. Pray for my family and my brothers and sisters.
I put up a birdfeeder last week and the next day birds were coming to it. I love watching them!
We are going to our first reenactment of the fall this Saturday. I am excited. We are going to Tunnel Hill GA. The first one we went to was here and it is one of my favorite. I hope it is not too hot! UGGG.

1 comment:

Shamara said...

I am excited about your chicks hatching. That is such a great feeling to see them hatching.