Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am famous

Our reenactment on Saturday went great. It was a little hot when the sun was out so we kept praying for the clouds. We met some really neat people who were one of the sutlers. They sold meals and boy was supper good, especially later when she gave us some home-made cinnamon rolls, smack your mama good, as my sister law said! They were people who are like Ben and I, nice and unique. We both like to garden, have animals, try to live off the land, love kids etc. They are going to be at the next reenactment we go to as well so we are both looking forward to it.
After the battle a reporter from the Chattanooga Times Free Press interviewed Ben and I. She quoted us in her article which I thought was pretty cool. You can read it at http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/sep/07/georgia-blue-gray-battle-again/ or go to the home page and find it from there.
The best part for me is always the evening, the ball, chatting with friends, having fun. The drive home late at night can be boring and tiring or if you are riding with Leonard and Andy it can be very entertaining. To keep the driver awake they pretended to be radio hosts, discussing everything from the Bible to politics to how their show has touched people . I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
I am in NC now helping my parents unpack, borrowing some neighbors internet. :) ha ha. So Ben is by himself for a couple days. He was sick yesterday and left work early, but was feeling better late last night. Love you!
Well I better get to helping my mom unpack her kitchen.

1 comment:

Leonard and Krista said...

Hey! I read the article. Did you check out the pictures also on the times free press website? Also, you remember that guy that was laying on the grass taking pictures of us at the ladies tea? He has some neat pictures of us on his website- eagle53photos.com. They guys are in the Saturday battle album, we are in the people album, and Saturday ball album. He also has some neat camp life photos, but I can't remember if we are in any of them. Enjoy!
Love, Krista