Friday, September 5, 2008

defending my territory!

I hear my dogs barking middle of the day! Hmm. They bark but not usually in the day. I sit a second then decide to look outside. Out the back door I see a German Shepherd wandering around our back yard...Not even giving it a second thought or a what if he is a mean dog, just thinking my chickens are back there, I go flying out the door yelling and hollering "GET OUT OF HERE...GO GO GO! As I run onto the back porch, Blackie, our chicken who refuses to be penned, runs out from under the porch just a squaking and hollering. Midnight comes running after the dog and the dog meanders off, Midnight following it till it leaves, me all the while yelling at it and chasing it off. Then I think, what if he was not a nice dog, but then again if you saw what he saw you'd probably leave too, mean or not.

3 comments:

Lisa Messner said...

Hey Beth! Good job on defending your "territory!!" Glad you had Midnight there to help you! :-)
Great job on the blog so far! I am anxious to read more!!

Charity said...

You chased a German Shepherd? WOW! You're so brave~ you're my hero ;o) You know me: running from poodles!

Shamara said...

That would have been something to see! I am enjoying your blog. Keep up the good stories.