Thursday, September 11, 2008

The car that doesn't like me

I'm driving through Atlanta. Good I thought I am missing the traffic, I'm through the city now. Then creep, creep, creep, some broken down vehicles. We are moving not to fast but not to slow. Phone rings, it's mom, can't ignore that one. So now I am driving and talking, which I normally am pretty good at.
(Oh did mention my car is a stick! Oh and did I mention my air conditioner has a problem with its condenser, it doesn't drain out after you have run it a while: well it does but not outside. So I have a pan on the passenger floor to catch it. )
Back to story, Car in front suddenly stops because of car in front of him and so on. I brake quite hard and stop just in time and watch car behind me almost hit me. Thank God it was open in lane next to him, he swerved off. Mom asks you ok, Yeah, was almost rear-ended but its alright, its moving again. All the sudden I look on the floor, oh purse fell off the seat but missed the water filled pan. It fell on the damp floor where water splashed out. Picked it up, still talking, or listening. Then I see wallet floating in water. Oh man! Lean over and scoop up. I tell my Mom what had happened. Talk ensues of letting me go. Then I see my camera also in the water! Oh NO I say, Again lean over, still driving, with phone and stick shift, scoop it up and start banging water out of it! Oh i better let you go says mom, I agree and we say good bye. I take apart banging and blowing. Anyways, It did finally turn on but now it won't turn off at all. I have to pop the batteries out. So then the lense remains out and open. Oh well.
PS Santa I hope you read this! LOL

2 comments:

Leonard and Krista said...

I laughed so hard! Only you, Beth.
(-: Krista

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Now this sounds like something that would happen to me!