Monday, September 29, 2008

Battle of Chickamauga


Ben and Leonard cleaning guns after the first battle.

We have been busy since I last blogged, but not without fun. A week and a half ago, Thursday we headed for Chickamauga GA for the 145th anniversary reenactment of the battle of Chickamauga. We stayed Thursday till Saturday evening. My sister and brother-in-law came along, Krista and Leonard with their two boys, as well as my in-laws. Also some friends of ours came, so we had our own little camp right there. LOL It was the biggest one that I have been to. Over 4,000 reenactors were there. On Friday we slept in a little, ate breakfast,and did a little shopping at the sutlers. Around noon Dick Cheney spoke. His Great-Grandfather fought in the battle of Chickamauga. It was pretty neat.
Friday they had one battle and three on Saturday, the third one being a night one. That was neat but where we were we couldn't see much but a little fire now and then but the guys loved it. They said they had the most fun on that one.

My mother-in-law bought herself a dress. She looked great in it. We are fixing it a little. I bought myself a camp dress as well.

My cute nephews

2 comments:

Lisa Messner said...

Cute pictures Bethany!

Holly said...

I'd like to add that Patrick had a great time taking a bite out of nearly every apple! He really did eat almost a whole one though, all by himself!