Monday, October 13, 2008

Ladies Retreat

This past Thursday - Saturday was our conference's Ladies Retreat. This was my third time going and as always it is always a great time of fun and encouragement as well as uplifting. My Mom was able to make come with a group from her church from Easley. That was great for me and her. It was so nice to see her. She enjoyed getting to see our place as well as feeding our goats and chickens. She hadn't seen it since we fixed it up.
Our retreat's theme was enjoying the journey, with Christina Black as our speaker. She challenged us and left us thoughts to mull over. A few times, as always seems to happen, God came in our presence and just touched all of us.
Friday they usually have a theme dinner for us to dress for. This year they wanted us to dress old-fashioned. Some ladies said "We are old and already dress old-fashion." LOL
I, along with my two sister-in-laws and my mother-in-law, dressed in our reenactment dresses. Everyone loved them and asked us all the famous questions about them. Most ladies dressed old fashioned and looked so cute. I have a picture of my mom and I.
We did some shopping Friday afternoon and got some good deals. It all wrapped up Saturday after the morning session. It was great time and I came away feeling refreshed.



Here is all the ladies from my church.

4 comments:

The Youngs said...

Beth, I enjoyed seeing your pics of the ladies retreat. I hate that I had to miss it this year, but it was my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary, and we all went away for the weekend. Check out my blog to see where we went. I do enjoy keeping up with our Alabama friends through their blogs. We miss ya'll. Christine

Bethany Fleming said...

Yea too bad you couldn't have been there. I was looking for you. Maybe we'll see you sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice time. Tell your mom that I said hi. Sr. Major

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog...